Tuesday, November 22, 2011

TG 2011 - Sock It To Me Cake

Peace,

Clearly I am wigging out over TG more than the God. I know we are a year and some change into cohabitation, but I kinda expect just a little more.... Last night I was cooking and he was upstairs "out of my hair." Any other time I cook, he's downstairs keeping me company. But I have noticed when I am getting something together, he is unusually ghost. And I'm not just referring to something that has to do with just me, but both of us. I wouldn't expect him to fret over 'just me' stuff. Any who..... Didn't mean to start this blog off with a rant, but those moments do need to happen. Shall we?

Last night, I made a 'Sock It To Me Cake"! If you had ties in a Black community in the 70's you remember this cake. It's rich moist and delicious. Essentially it's a pound cake with a ribbon of brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts running through it. Most recipes call for a boxed yellow cake, but you know I can't do that right? So I used my tried and true Allrecipe.com recipe for the cake. It is extremely rich. It's got sour cream, a cup of butter, a crazy amount of sugar and what not in it. The God looked at it this morning (and tell me why he was up at 5am?)and was making plans. As long as those plans don't include cutting into it before Thursday evening, I'm good.



Here is the recipe.... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sock-it-to-me-cake-v/

ENJOY!


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment