Monday, November 21, 2011

The most delicious Rolls Ever!

Peace….

Now unto my ever expanding seems like TG plans. I have begun the actual cooking. I mentioned previously that I was interviewing food. i.e pre-preparing new food to make sure everything goes smooth on Thursday. Whenever I have cooked TG in the past, I have had to run to the grocery store for something. Not saying there is any shame in that, but I want to get it right eventually.

So last weekend I made this recipe for quick yeast rolls…. Sans the sourdough/Jorge. I will figure Jorge out another time. Let me tell you….. THEY WERE WONDERFUL. I halved the recipe for just me and the God and we couldn’t eat them all. And guess what? The were inedible within 2 days! Yay!!!!! That might seem crazy to be that excited about it, but it lets me know that it is a healthy recipe. So I will make 16 rolls for the 6 people that I will have in attendance and I am certain it will be enough.

One thing though…. They aren’t quick. I made the recipe just as was printed and it took an afternoon for the dough to rise the 1st time. The second time was quick and showed me that I can make a LOT of rolls out of the recipe as given. The flavor was wonderful too. I do plan on adding more salt though. But I like salty rolls.

I plan to start these the night before and let them rise all night. Then I will take some of the dough and make cinnamon rolls for breakfast and make the rest for dinner. Leftover rolls will get toasted and crumbed for future use. I’m all about not wasting anything.



Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment