Friday, October 22, 2010

See What had happened was....

Peace!

I wanted spaghetti! The God makes a great sauce. This used to be the only recipe he could make. He's doing much better now, since I'm forcing him to be more involved in cooking. He even learned to boil the pasta... No judgments. But God does keep the actual way he makes it a secret. All I know is that he uses this 7th Day Adventist vegetarian canned meat, canned sauce, and Parmesan cheese. There's more to it, but I haven't figured it out yet. The man can have his secrets.

Anywho... We were out of sauce. Somehow that is my responsibility to keep up with all this food he eats. Yes, he has a car and lots of money. He was getting all mad with me because he was hungry and now we couldn't eat. Well The Earth has to rotate on her own axis does she not? I went into the cabinets, found 2 cans of diced tomatoes and made my own sauce. Let me tell you something. That joker was good. Guess what? I ain't buying sauce any more. Next summer when folks are loaded down with tomatoes they don't want, I'm going to town with my canning.

I will do what the God won't... I will share the recipe....
2 cans of 14 oz tomatoes.
1/2 regular sized onion
a few cloves of garlic
olive oil
seasonings to taste (I used, salt, pepper, cayenne, basil, oregano, and a tiny bit of sugar)

Saute the onions in olive oil until soft.
Add 1 can of the tomatoes (if its in tomato sauce don't drain, if not drain before adding)
blend in food processor or blender until smooth
put back in pan on low heat
Add the other can of tomatoes (I like mine chunky)
Season

That's it

Enjoy!


Peace

1 comment:

  1. Hey ~ I looked for an email addy but didn't see one in your profile. The fabric came from Fabric Mart and I'm sorry but they just sold out of it!

    ReplyDelete