Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Homade Comparisons

I made some spaghetti sauce from scratch from produce purchased at a local farm market. It is in my effort to make what I can make and purchase what I have to purchase; i.e. stuff I can’t make. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t what I expected. I ate it and was happy but it didn’t taste like Prego. I perused a label of some store bought tomato sauce and guess what? There was LOADS of sugar and additives in it. Not a good look. So I’m not mad at my home sauce. It is still tasty.

Last night I ate bread that came from failed loaf. Yeast doesn’t always act the way you want it to. It was wheaty dense and delicious. It was NOT pretty. But it was hearty and I was full. I have some organic popcorn kernels and some potatoes that look like they will find life as a chip. Trying to live like this is not easy. But internally and environmentally I’m feeling better. This weekend, I think I’ll make a cookie or something. PMS is coming soon.


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment