Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I fell on Fall

Fall has finally hit here in Metro ATL. I awoke this morning to 49 degrees. Now that it is officially fall, I have begun to plan again. The coolness of fall has always been a signal to me to start some new stuff. I used to start school in the coolness. It will be noticeably darks as soon as the time changes. I ready to get on with the newness of it all.

Here is the plan…..
1.) It’s strange how un-vocally asked questions get answered quicker than vocally asked ones. I need a new job. My boss and I have gone as far as we can go. He’s tired of me and I of him. I need a new job/career. One that I love and suits me. I recognize that I have unique needs. I have dressing restrictions that are attributed to my lifestyle. I want to do something that makes a difference. And I need to be compensated well for it as well as have benefits. I need a job that has a greater educational requirement than “high school diploma.” Hell I have a doctorate. And I don’t expect to use it parse… It needs it to open some doors for me.

2.) I need to be more ‘bout it ‘bout it about my environmental footprint. I do not need to support any business that offers me styrophoam. That stuff NEVER decomposes. I need to only acquire used plastic; like from the thrift stores. Plastic can be recycled, but folks won’t do it if they have easy options. I need to be more of an environmental advocate on the job. I need to reduce the amount of useless stuff within my ciphers.

3.) I need to take more time for me. Folks would argue that since I live alone, that it’s already all me. That’s not true. I do a lot of cipher peripheral work. I need to develop moments where I’m in the tub with a good book sipping hot cider and just lounge. I don’t lounge. If I’m in the bathtub, it’s because I’m cleaning it out. And the suds come from the cleaners.

Bottom line I need to get myself completely together. And I will. It’s my determined idea.


Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment