Saturday, December 4, 2010

They Got Me

I got got. About 8 years ago. I fell victim to all the hype around how nasty produce is with dirt and pesticides. I mean who doesn't wash produce before they cook or eat it first? Now I must say, if I'm berry picking, I will eat the hell out of the berries right off the bushes. But grocery store produce must be washed before preparation.

What I did was purchase a $4 spray bottle of produce wash. Yeah, it cost a grip for what it was. Do you know what the main ingredient is? Vinegar! It wasn't even a gallon. Maybe a pint. A gallon of vinegar doesn't cost $4. Yeah they got me.

Well no more. I look at that $4 wash as the price I paid for the container. I still use it, but I refill it with white vinegar when it runs low.

That was $4 and a lesson well learned. Read the damn labels!



Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment